Tuesday, August 7, 2007

The Best Kind of Medicine!



I got this big box dropped off on my doorstep about a week ago. I could not imagine what it could be, but I deduced from the return address that it was from my friend Sue! I opened the box to find this large roll of paper inside. Intrigued, I opened it!


(click photo to enlarge)
This has got to be the best get well card you could possibly receive!!! I did have to throw it in the fridge for a bit, as the day was over 90 degrees and the chocolates were very soft. But they came out just fine, and started disappearing right away. Remember... chocolate is very high in antioxidants!!! Honestly, you do need to click on the above picture to read the card and get the full impact!!!

As for the foot... the doc said that the sprain is coming along. I'm still having trouble with it though, so he prescribed more meds. He also gave me a heel cup to wear in my shoe. I have a heel spur, in addition to the sprain. I go back next Monday and we will reevaluate the treatment plan. Bad news: crutches and no driving for another week. Good news: Bob has to cater to my needs and do the housework after putting in eight hours at his job each day. He says he feels like a woman!!! :) Oh, and if you missed the drama of how I injured the foot... I was attempting a spin and kick in Tai Chi. Only problem is, I spun but my foot did not!

6 comments:

Joyce Spear said...

Welcome to the world of blogging! I'm so glad to see you've "arrived"! I'm looking forward to keeping up with you now.

I have two blogs myself, one for personal stuff (www.xanga.com/goldenhummingbird) and one for my stamping projects (www.stamperjoyce.blogspot.com). Drop by anytime!

Joyce

Anonymous said...

Be sure to take advantage of being waited on while you can!! I'm almost back up to 100% - so I'm back to helping with the house work again...

Keep the blogs (and pics)coming - they were a welcomed sight this morning.

Anonymous said...

HI Keely! This is Karen (Moore)! Debbie was telling about your "blog". My response was, "What's a blog???" ha! Now I know! I guess I need to get with the 21st century here! Your Mom called & was telling about your accident. I hope you are not in too much pain. Yes, be sure Bob caters to you. You deserve it!
I just retired so I am going to enjoy the easy life, after I have several yard sales! Talk to you later!

Keely said...

Wow! Visiters!!! If I had known you were coming I would have made tea!!!

Thanks, Joyce. I stopped by your place and scribbled on the walls a bit.

Jen, I am so glad you stopped by! You should do a blog with that sweet baby of yours! :)

Wow!!! A long lost cousin (or two). I am so glad that Debbie steered you over here. I just recently reconnected with her. It was really great of you to come by, Karen!

Jean said...

"Wow! Visiters!!! If I had known you were coming I would have made tea!!!"

Funny you should say that. Water for tea just finished getting ready right as I read that sentence. I'll pour. Is French Vanilla ok, or would you prefer a nice English Breakfast decaf?

Keely said...

French Vanilla will be just fine! Would you like a blueberry scone with that? :>