Sunday, September 2, 2007

Goat Boy



I found this photo mounted in my Grandma McBride's photo album, so we presume it was a relative. Whether it was from Grandma's or Grandpa's side, though, we do not know. My mother has no clue, and did not even know the photo existed until I found it while looking through Grandma's old albums which were on my mother's coffee table. The photo was made into a postcard, but it had never been used as such, so there are no markings, names or stamps to hint at the origins of the picture. All I know is that the picture was taken in 1925. Which means the child was probably born in 1923 or 1924. It is popular belief that the photographer was based in Alliance, which was a town near where I grew up in Damascus, OH. And although I named the photo "Goat Boy", I'm not even 100% positive that it is a boy!!! I know, I'm a lotta help! Anyhow, if anyone out there in blogland thinks this might be your long lost relative, let me know. If any of my artist friends would like to use the image in their artwork, please ask first. I'm sure I'll give you permission, I just want to know who uses it, and I'd like to see a scan or photo of your final creation!!! [grin]

2 comments:

dawn said...

that goat's lifted tail only means one thing. :)

what a fabu photo.

Keely said...

I'll never be able to look at that picture the same way again, Dawn!!! :)

Thanks for the giggle!