Sunday, September 9, 2007

I learned today...



School seems to start earlier and let out later every year. I may be wrong because I have no children to truly judge this by, but when I was a "youngun" we did not start school until after Labor Day. Most of the schools around this area went back a week or two before the holiday weekend this year. Anyhow, in celebration of all of the hard working teachers out there... I present this card.

On white cardstock, I stamped the House Mouse design, HMPR1023 ABCD EEEEK FG, in black pigment ink and embossed with Black Detail embossing powder. I sponged black dye ink where the chalkboard should be after first masking the image and taping off a border. I cut the panel to size, leaving the white "photograph" border around the edges. Then I colored in the image using Le Plume markers. I stamped the House Mouse phrase, "I learned today...", in white pigment ink and embossed it in white on the chalkboard. The panel was then mounted on a piece of grey "stone" cardstock, which in turn was attached to a card made from white cardstock. You could write anything inside the card, but I wrote "... to buy more rubber stamps!" I made this card to be used as a display at Art on the Block.

No comments: