Friday, April 4, 2008

Spring, Sprang, Sprung!



Wednesday was a near perfect day here in central Ohio. The sun was shining brightly in a vivid blue sky, interrupted only slightly by wispy white clouds. It was around 50 degrees out, so you could run around in just a sweatshirt, or a light jacket. The birds were sweetly singing their spring songs in the fresh scented air.

To prove it's point, when I arrived for my massage therapy session at 1:00, I was greeted by this beauty, just bursting at the seams. My therapist did not know what it was called, but after a quick e-mail to my friend Dawn, I now agree that it is some variety of hellebore.



After my massage I was in a state of relaxed bliss. Just the way my chiropractor wanted me! So I headed straight over to her office to get adjusted. After the adjustment, I was feeling that all was right with the world, and sure enough... right there in front of my car was a small patch of four or five crocus, saying hello to the sun!



I was so relaxed after all of this that I had to stop in a parking lot on my way home because I was afraid that I would fall asleep while driving. (Of course, it was a Michael's store parking lot, so I had to go in!!!) I did end up taking a three hour "nap" after I got home. I had only intended a short nap, and then I had planned on taking a nice little walk in the sun.

By the time I got up, the sun was almost down... and it has rained every day since. [sigh]

3 comments:

dawn said...

hellebores are so pretty.

dang. i gotta use that excuse next time i am going past michael's.

Keely said...

Thanks for the help with the identification.

A 40% off coupon is all the excuse I need to stop at Michael's or JoAnn Fabric and Crafts!!! [LOL]

Anonymous said...

Hi Keely .. I was just surfing the net at work .. It is now almost 10 pm .. and when I get done here I am going home to bed ..Have your head cold thing coming on and I want it to go away before Friday . I saw the crocus pictures and thought I should send you the pics from this last weekend ..we had a day away from the farm .. you might enjoy seeing them .. so if you don't get them in the next day or so .. e-mail to remind k .. ??
Sending you a big hug ..hope you are feeling better soon .. Thanks for all you do !
xoxo MOM