Thursday, February 14, 2008

Sea-Salted Smokey Almond Chocolate Bark



Here is a guilty pleasure for you for Valentine's Day!!! You can use any kind of good quality dark chocolate to make these. (Godiva would have been ideal!) I used Dove brand because it was easy to get, and I got to read all of the little verses inside the wrappers!!! [grin]

Sea-Salted Smokey Almond Chocolate Bark
(preparation - 10 min. / cooling time - 1 hr. / makes 12 pieces)

8 oz. Dark Chocolate, broken into small pieces
1/2 cup smoked-flavor almonds, coarsely chopped,
1/8 tsp. sea salt* (preferably coarsely ground)

Line 8-inch baking pan with wax paper.

Microwave small chocolate pieces in a small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 45 seconds. STIR. If pieces retain some of their original shape, microwave at additional 10 to 15 second intervals, stirring just until melted. Stir in 1/4 cup almonds.

Pour into prepared baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining almonds. Tap pan several times to spread chocolate and settle nuts. Sprinkle with sea salt. Refrigerate for about 1 hour or until firm. Break into pieces**. Store in airtight container at room temperature.

* I like to use Himalayan Pink Crystal Salt
** I prescore when chocolate has started to set to make breaking when totally set easier.

2 comments:

Jean said...

Mmmmm. Yummy.

Keely said...

I'm sorry! I missed your comment because I have been sorely neglecting this blog over my other one!

Thanks for dropping by, Jean!