Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Take a Break


Half Dome Mountain in Yosemite National Park

Sometimes we all need to just sit back and relax. Take your mind off of your worries, and look at a pretty picture or two. These pictures were taken while Bob and I were in California in 2003. They are some of my favorite shots from that trip. If you enjoy them, I'll post a few more at a later time.


Yosemite Falls

Yosemite Falls (Upper, 1,430 ft.; Middle, 675 ft.; Lower, 320 ft.) is the tallest waterfall in North America and fifth tallest in the world with a total drop of 2,425 feet.


One of my favorite shots for my desktop!

Okay, there is nothing really special about this shot, other than the fact that I made Bob pull over along the side of the road just before or soon after we got inside of Yosemite National Park, just so I could take this picture. He was freaking out because I was leaning way out over the edge of the embankment so that I could get a good angle. Although the site paled in comparisan to the sites we would soon see... it is still one of my favorite pictures taken that day!

3 comments:

Jean said...

Gorgeous shots. I can see why you like them.

dawn said...

omG, these are wonderful, girl!

Keely said...

Thank you, thank you! I do love to take pictures. I often think back on old vacations and lament the fact that digital cameras had not yet been invented!!! [grin]