Monday, January 14, 2008
You may have heard of Bernie Berlin. She is a mixed media artist that specializes in Fabrege style eggs and teaches classes in Altered Books and Creating Artist Trading Cards among others. She also has written the wonderful book, Artist Trading Card Workshop Book.
But... did you also know that she has a heart of gold? She runs a full-time, no-kill dog (and cat) rescue shelter. It is called A Place to Bark, and she needs our help!
Here is How It Works:
* The four charity badges with the most unique donations through America's Giving Challenge will get $50,000 for their cause.
* Only donations of $10 or more will count towards the challenge.
* America's Giving Challenge runs only until January 31st.
*If you are able donate , please donate via the badge a $10 tax deductible donation. We need the most people possible to each donate $10 to A Place to Bark. In order to win the grant we need to have the most amount of donors, not necessarily the amount of money donated.
* If you enter the name "cooper" on the line that says dedication or gift, you will be entered into a drawing to recieve a beautiful piece of artwork by Tim Holtz!!! Please visit his BLOG to see it!!!
* In addition, you will also be put in a drawing to win one of five autographed copies of Bernie's book, Artist Trading Card Workshop Book plus one of her original ATCs that was published in the book!!!
* All donations made to A Place to Bark's Six Degrees Badge, will be matched by the "Zoline Foundation" up to $25,000.00!!! All donations up to June 1st will be counted for the matching donation from the Zoline Foundation, but to help her win the challenge, and be entered in the drawing, you must donate before January 31st.
Please take the time to check out Bernie's BLOG to get more detailed information on this challenge. And after you do, give your pet a hug!!! [grin]